| Event Information
Drone Safety Demonstration at the UAS Test Site
An evening of presentations and demos highlighting aspects of drone safety will be held at the University of Maryland’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Test Site. The event is free and open to the public, but prior registration is appreciated. To register, please visit https://go.umd.edu/drone-safety.
The event is being held in conjunction with National Drone Safety Awareness Week, a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) campaign intended to promote the safe operation of unmanned aircraft. The FAA campaign is being launched in recognition of the growing need for safety awareness as the use of drones becomes more widespread.
• Demonstrations by UAS Test Site personnel of best practices for safe operation.
• An overview and demonstration of the Ultimate Safety Setup developed at the Test Site.
• Information about what to do—and who to contact—if unsafe operation is witnessed.
• A presentation by representatives of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) on recreational drone use.
• A presentation by pilot and UAS fleet management expert Anthony Pucciarella, president of Alaris Pro and Mission Go.
• A presentation by the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office on the use of drones by law enforcement, including for traffic enforcement, location of missing persons, apprehension of suspects, detection of illegal drug operations, and surveillance of areas affected by criminal activity.
This Event is For: Public