UPDATE: as of noon on Tuesday, Jan. 17, J.M. Patterson has been re-opened.
A small electrical fire occurred in a lab in the J.M. Patterson building on Monday, January 16. No one was injured.
The fire started in the Lab for Advanced Materials Processing on the second floor of the building, apparently when a fan malfunctioned. The sprinkler system controlled the fire until emergency responders arrived. Officials are still determining how much damage there is. The building remains closed at this time while cleanup continues.
January 17, 2012